Process of Image optimization for improved SEO results
Image optimization for improved SEO results
I am working in one of the reputed Digital Marketing Company in India at the post of Digital Marketing Manager. Right Now I am writing about Image optimization process for better search engine rankings.
In off-page optimization sense , its only about sharing the images in most events. In case of info-graphics the flow of data, should be represented in a way such that only basic – level understanding is needed to decode information.
But in on-page optimization it’s much more than that. Optimization includes,
- Resizing or optimizing the image for web. This process is used to reduce the size of image by less quality loss.
- Providing ALT and Title tag for the images so that search engines can infer data about the image.
- Providing relevant image name that will benefit SEO.
- In case of responsive site, implementing image sprites and resized images.
- Using gzip or any other web compression method to optimize the image delivery.
- In some companies, this term is also used for conveying the message through images. Basically this section belongs to CRO ( Conversion Rate Optimization )
- Add Alt and title tags for every single image. In order to do that look at the source code and add this:
<img src=”http://blog.obabuji.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/image-optimization-process.png” alt=”Image optimization process” title=” Image optimization process ” />